Friday, March 7, 2014

Pina Colada Smoothie


Sandy beaches of Punta Cana, Dominican Repuclic, May 2012

So since my last post, my tummy has been acting up - A LOT.  I am not sure what exactly is going on (I think that I got so excited about my UNsalad that I was eating so much of it that my tummy just couldn't work fast enough to break it all down) but thankfully I know how to fix it:  All smoothies during the day, clean dinner, lots of water and peppermint tea...no wine.

In order for me to get through the day on just smoothies, I must keep it interesting.  This morning I had my staple smoothie, the Green Smoothie and a side of Trader Joe's Uncured Turkey Bacon.  For lunch, I packed 32 oz of my Pina Colada smoothie.  My goodness...this stuff is delicious.  It makes me dream of warmer weather and salty, sandy wind blown hair.  Can I go back to my honeymoon pleeeease?!


The recipe:
  • 1/2 C frozen mango pieces  
  • 4 frozen spotted bananas
  • 3/4 C frozen pineapple
  • 1/2 can Trader Joe's LIGHT Coconut Milk
  • 1 T vanilla extract
  • Water to cover the fruit
  • **Add some leafy greens to give it an extra boost - it changes the milk-shaky-ness (yep, it's a word) of it though (you have been warned!)

First, add the ingredients (in the order of the list, makes for easier blending)
MMM.  Looks pretty relish, right?!

Indulgence time!  Enjoy your Pina Colada smoothie whilst dreaming of warmer weather and sun touched skin.  

This smoothie is creamy, delicious, nutritious, and filling.  It's like drinking a milk shake!  Or like a Pina Colada on the white sand beaches with warm sun on my skin and a breeze blowing through my hair.  ahhh.  Can you tell I need a vacation/i'm SICK of the cold?!  Enjoy your day-dream inducing smoothie my friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment