Saturday, January 11, 2014

Oh My Heart - Green Beans!

Oh how I love green veggies! If it's green - I love it. To be honest, my favorite green veggie of all time is collard greens.  I am still working through the fact that I will probably never eat them again.  But..thankfully, I've discovered that I can eat green beans.  Yummy, delicious green beans.  

A few weeks ago, some friends from church invited us over for dinner.  They were so incredibly sweet, knowing that I have food issues they made a side platter of green beans and carrots.  Holy smokes.  It was delicious.  I have since made this dish 2+ times a week since and love it.  I varied the recipe a little bit to be a bit healthier and added some more things to up the nutrition even more.  


Here's The Recipe:

Ingredients: 
  • 2 lbs fresh green beans (or frozen really)
  • 4 carrots, peeled & cut into 1/2" chunks
  • 1 sweet yellow onion, sliced thin
  • 1 C mushrooms, sliced
  • 4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
  • EVOO or coconut oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste. 
Directions:
  1. Heat oil in pan on low heat.  Add onions and garlic, cook for 3-5 minutes and add green beans.  Cook on low, covered for 20ish minutes (I mean looooow low).  Stir occasionally.
  2. Add carrots and cook until they are fork tender
  3. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes, uncovered. Stir occasionally. 
  4. Salt & Pepper to taste
**I add the green beans in early because my body needs them to be super super cooked.  If you like a crispier green bean, add them when you add the carrots! 

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!  Keep and eye out for more yummy recipes on the blog!





No comments:

Post a Comment